Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday Afternoon


On a lazy September Sunday afternoon ....

I thought today I would share with you some of the girls Annuals from way back when....... Some long before "my time" even, but real treasures and if you like books then these are rare and wonderful, click  on the pictures to get the real impact of how dynamic the stories and drawings were and above all enjoy a glimpse into the past......

These ones are really old......
                                                                         1928

1936
Just imagine 86 and 78 years ago some young girls sat reading those books.....wow..


My all time favourite....School Friend Annuals
School Friend Annuals 1953 - 1959

Girls Crystal Annuals

And inside a feast of adventure and fun..............





I hope you all enjoyed the little trip. Until next time....


Girls Crystal Annuals
1950, 1951 and 1952



No they weren't mine ... Let's just say a bit ahead of my reading at that time... :-) 


















Oh my word...... An arrest!











Singing was encouraged....nothing like a good old singsong round the piano....


















Skiing holidays to dream about....














And summer sunshine running barefoot in the sand on Paradise Island with Jill and Melanie 







~ Slán ~

No comments:

Post a Comment