Wednesday 25 March 2015

Bits and Pieces:

It's been a little while since I last wrote on the blog..... Time goes by and where does it go to when it's gone......who knows.......some say time flies, others say time stands still but there is a wise saying that goes  "time and tide wait for no man"..... Now that's true!  Then there is Buzz Light Year's saying "Infinity and beyond" well isn't that something to look forward to....oh yes!


So while I wasn't writing what was I doing...... Well a little bit of this and a little bit of that...
Mostly to do with yarn I might add but also some other things.   My mind doesn't rest when it comes to crafting, I was trying to decide what do I love to do the most but to be honest whatever it is I am doing I love it, yarn, beads, paints, paper, material, oh so so much "stuff".
                                                        
                     There was a lot of crochet done this winter.   It's theraphy for the soul.
 
Loved the colours and trying out some new ideas.


This was a blast from the past .... Croched this dress about 1972 .. It was a mini and my sister wore it on many a night out.  It was so special to see it after all those years and it's as good as new. 
I must have had a lot of patience back then despite having 3 young children at the time. Guess it was my way of relaxing....somethings never change!


                          Close up and after all those years I spot a mistake oh well I'm not going to   
                                             rip it back now....


                                                       Some nice bright colours
                            
                                        

A little diversity.....

                                    



With the day's getting longer it was time for some  jewellery making and what better way to do it but with gorgeous beads......spent a lovely afternoon in Bramblewood Beads workshop and shop in Ennis with my beautiful granddaughter Kelsie....she knows what makes her nana happy.

A little altered notebook for a beautiful niece.


No I didn't make this but my wonderful daughter G and daughter-in-law Fiona surprised us for our 50th wedding anniversary!!
They did a fantastic job.

Beautiful bouquet....Lily's and Roses

Finally.........Spring.......


So Winter is finally but slowly crawling back into its shell .... Time moves on and all the signs of Spring are everywhere... Here's to Infinity and beyond .... Buzz Light Year ..... Your a tonic!

Love and hugs xxxxxx Heather (MaryKate) 









No comments:

Post a Comment